So you’re ready to network, but don’t quite know where to begin? Worry not, we’ve got you covered!
It is no secret that Miami is an emerging ecosystem of entrepreneurial activity. Each week there are a number of great events to attend. Below are a few events occurring in coworking spaces and other entrepreneurial settings throughout Miami that are worth mentioning. We wanted to highlight these due to their weekly/monthly recurrence to make it easy for you to begin getting plugged into the Miami entrepreneurial ecosystem.
In an effort to keep things simple, we’ll go through a typical week and let you know what’s happening each day for a productive time meeting amazing people and resources.
- #openHUB: This is how everyone’s week should begin. At this event located in our coworking offices at Starthub, we focus on establishing an intimate atmosphere with very limited seating, focused on providing actionable advice for attendees. Additionally as a thank you, we provide our workspace for people to be able to grab time with our leadership team from acceleration services, growth solutions, all the way to our head of business development and global expansion. All the while we provide a French catered breakfast to learn all about attending companies and see which ways we can optimize your operations while here. This is a sure way to line up your week with new results-oriented goals (and a full stomach always helps).
Where: Starthub – 66 W. Flagler Street 9th Floor Miami, FL 33130
- Tech Beats & Bites: A social gathering of food, entertainment & technology. Conversations, libations, music & knowledge over R&B & Old School Hip Hop. This happens every Monday evening from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
Where: The Wynwood Yard – 56 NW 29th Street Miami, FL 33127
- This day is typically open and most one-off, valuable info sessions, networking or workshops can be found here.
Refer to the last paragraph for guidance!
- Waffle Wednesdays: One of the longest running events of Miami in Wynwood at the LiveNinja offices. Here you can mingle with entrepreneurs every Wednesday Morning from 9 am to 10:30 am while eating fresh “homemade” waffles prepared right in front of you. Recipes and Startups presenting their products/services vary week by week.
- Waffles After Work: Well, as the title explains… This is to welcome a wider Miami audience to the event every last Wednesday of each month in the evening. Here you can expect a bigger crowd and even more signature waffle recipes with the same features as its original iteration.
Where: LiveNinja HQ – 120 NW 25th St, Miami, FL 33127
- Venture Cafe Miami: This event, since it’s inception, has gathered crowds to a venue that welcomes entrepreneurs of all walks of life. Happening at another coworking space, Venture Cafe focuses on bringing value to its visitors by providing conferences on topics of interest to startups held in various conference rooms from 4:00 pm all the way to 8:30 pm. Networking and refreshments keep visitors coming back for more each week.
Where: CIC – 1951 NW 7th Ave, Miami, FL 33136
- Same as Tuesday. Keep an eye open for unique events on this day. We will say however, not many do occur this day of the week.
Resources to make your week even better
Of course, there are tons of other events that are not recurring but are definitely worth attending. For occasional events, check out these sites and newsletters, including our special events at Starthub, to see the latest happenings and complete your successful networking week. These resources are:
With all the events mentioned above… Make sure you let them know Starhub sent you for special treatment 😉 Most importantly, if you think we missed a recurring event, please comment with all the info below and we’ll be sure to update our post. Now go out and make it happen!
Ultimately, sign-up to our monthly newsletter where we highlight most events happening all around the city. We hope to see you around!